Clinical Yoga Applications
Time & Location
About the Event
Clinical Yoga Applications is both a practical and theoretical workshop. Participants will be guided through practical techniques grounded in the neuroscientific and clinical evidence that supports the use of stretches, breathing exercises, meditation and other yoga practices to improve clients' mental health.
The workshop is delivered in an experiential method and participants do need t have any previous yoga nor meditation training or practice. Following a philosophical enquiry model group discussion focus on:
- The latest neuroscience findings, showing how the brain and larger nervous system are altered by yoga methods
- Philosophical and psychological principles upon which yoga is based
- The how, when, and why for use of specific techniques with common psychological problems
- As well as coaching in fundamental stretching exercises and meditation techniques, and how to coach these methods with your clients.
Following both theory, case examples and practice from renowned yoga masters, Clinical Yoga Applications guides practitioners through a therapeutic process in which their clients are encouraged to move their attention from outside concerns to inner mindfulness.
With a range of techniques that embrace the diversity and uniqueness of all clients, this workshop offers methods to creatively individualize techniques for a wide variety of presenting problems.
Participants will learn a series of techniques from a variety of traditional yoga practices that can be applied for both personal use and to empower professional capacity to assist individual clients.
The learning outcomes of the day are:
- Discuss the neuroscientific and clinical evidence that supports the use of meditation and other yoga practices to improve clients' mental health. In addition, showing how the brain and larger nervous system are altered by yoga methods.
- Breathing techniques to reduce anxiety and to gain focus on the here and now;
- Various postures (seated, standing and laying on the floor) that induces relaxation of the mind and body;
- Mudra (hand positions) that are known to help bring a sense of calm to the mind and positivity in the present thinking.
- Nexus Mates Rates$395$3950$0