TESOL CERTIFICATE (online) 120-HOURS
Time & Location
About the Event
Do you want to teach English, either at home, online, or abroad, but you’re not sure where to start? Our TESOL Certification course is fully accredited, internationally recognized, and will give you the tools you need to be successful as a teacher of English as a Second Language!
TESOL means Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages, and is sometimes referred to as a TEFL certificate - which means Teaching English as a Foreign Language. With a TESOL/TEFL certificate, you show the schools that you’re applying to that you know how to teach - from lesson planning and classroom management to theory and pedagogical techniques.
You can get your 120 hour TESOL certificate online through IOA, at your own pace, in the comfort of your own home!
Start your accredited TESOL certification online now - your first step to being an English teacher. Where will you go from there? You decide!
Disclaimer: The content of our 120hour TESOL certificate course and our 120hour TEFL certificate course is the same. TESOL (which stands for Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) is primarily used in North America, while TEFL (which stands for Teaching English as a Foreign Language) is used more in Europe, Australia. However both courses are intended for the same purpose.
In this course, we’ll take you through learning modules that will prepare you for your new adventure. You’ll learn:
- How to motivate students who are new to the English language.
- How to use a student’s primary language to teach them a new language.
- The basics of linguistics, which will help bridge the gap between the students’ primary language and English.
- All the reading, writing, speaking, and listening skills you will need to impart in your students.
- Basic pedagogical techniques
- Classroom management strategies
- How to get hired abroad